The Scrappy Chooks' Club brings out a new patchwork kit every quarter. This kit contains a pattern and precut strips of fabric and is offered at a discounted price to Scrappy Chooks during the first month it is in store. So you get a great project, the strips all precut AND a discount during the first month it's out!! Wow!! - it saves you time and money! And there is no obligation to buy the kit. If you don't want it, you don't buy it - it's that simple! :-)
We release our new kit on the 1st Thursday of each quarter and on that day (Scrappy Chook Thursday) we switch on the urn, put out the coffee/tea and cake and settle in for a great day! All Scrappy Chooks are welcome to pop in for a cuppa and cake while they check out the new project. We also have a Sit n Sew that morning so all Scrappy Chooks are very welcome to bring a project along and Sit n Sew with us. There is no charge for the Scrappy Chook Sit n Sew.
- We bring out a new kit every quarter. Currently we bring out our new kits on the first Thursday of March, June, September and December. (See the photos for some of the recent Scrappy Chooks' kits.) The kits can be quilts, table runners, bags or any other project deemed suitable - you won't know until Scrappy Chooks Thursday.
- The kits will contain PRE-CUT fabric strips. (You may need to cross cut the strips) We may make use of Pre-cuts some months. (Jelly rolls, charm packs or layer cakes)
- In the main, the patterns will be relatively straightforward and able to be made in a short time. (Perfect for those last minute gifts!) Occasionally we may introduce a ‘new’ technique that we haven’t used before in the Club though.
- Our kits will be available in different colour ways each time.
- Some months we will add in a bonus pattern allowing you to make the pattern in a larger size or in a different way. We may offer some alternative to the original design i.e. replace some fabric blocks with a stitchery or appliqué and gift you those designs.
- The kit will be discounted for Scrappy Chooks in the month that it is released. It will revert to full price at the beginning of the following month.
- You are NEVER obliged to buy the kit. It is strictly optional – you only buy it if you like it.
- If we design the project ourselves, we will not release the design as a pattern in our shop for at least a year. It will only be available in kit form until then. We do, however, reserve the right to release any bonus patterns or optional stitchery and appliqué designs in the shop if we wish.
- We will continue to focus mainly on patterns that you can use afterwards to bust that stash!
- Regretably you must be able to come into the shop to view the kit.
- In order to receive the discounted price, you will need to show us the Scrappy Chooks’ membership card. No card, no discount – sorry folks! (Once we have our card, that is!)
- All of the patterns used in the Scrappy Chooks’ Club are under copyright to the designer and may not be copied unless it is for your own personal use.